A right-to-attend school is determined by a family’s address and the feeder pattern of the student’s current school. Use the School Finder to find your right-to-attend school.
Submit an application if you want your child to be a NEW student at a:
- PK3 or PK4 program at any DCPS school, including your in-boundary school and any DCPS Early Action PK school
- Dual-language strand at any DCPS in-boundary elementary school (PK3 – Grade 5)
- DCPS school outside your boundary or feeder pattern for any grade (PK3 – Grade 12), including DCPS citywide schools
- DCPS selective high school or program (Grades 9–12)
- Participating public charter school for any grade (PK3 – Grade 12)
You do NOT need to submit an application if your child will:
- Remain in their current school. Simply contact your school to re-enroll.
- Enroll at their DCPS in-boundary or feeder school (Grades K-12)
- Enroll at their public charter feeder school (all grades)